Today you’re carrying a smartphone, tomorrow you’ll be wearing it on your wrist and the camera will have migrated to your glasses. Your shirt will be reporting your heart health to your insurers, your car will be saving you from the other idiots on the road, and you’ll be printing your own custom pasta for dinner in the evening.
Examples of qualifying R&D in software development
- Intelligent software; programs with cognitive abilities, such as the software to drive autonomous cars and aircraft, or recommendations to persuade you to buy just one more pair of shoes
- High-performance software; from the largest computers to the smallest, smart engineers are squeezing the last drops of performance out of the hardware
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality; from Hollywood to your smartphone your world has never looked so beautiful
- Big data: recent years have seen an explosion in the number of devices, some scarcely recognisable as computers, recording data about the material world, and a corresponding explosion in the storage and processing of the data
- Green computing: not only software systems to help scientists to understand how the planet is warming up, but software to reduce the demand for energy too, and even software designed to need less power to operate itself.
As the UK’s leading R&D tax credit specialist, we understand how to get your company what it deserves. But don’t just take our word for it – hear what our software clients have to say.
Have a question?
Contact ABGI and a representative will get back to you to discuss your unique needs and explain how we can assist. Submit and enquiry or call us on