Careers at ABGI UK
Have you got what it takes to join the ABGI team?
We are always looking for new talent to join our team and support business growth
The opportunity to find new colleagues to fit our fast-growing business is undoubtedly exciting and we’ve put together a detailed selection process to ensure best results. On your first day as part of ABGI UK, you embark upon a thorough induction process exposing you to everything in our company, from our dynamic business development department to our quality delivery process. You’ll then make your way through the bespoke training and development delivered in our very own ABGI UK Academy. It is imperative for anyone joining the ABGI journey that they thrive in a vibrant, constantly changing and growing company.
Take a look at the kind of people we are currently looking for:
Our consultants have a broad range of scientific and technological experience and qualifications. This enables us to speak to our clients in the same language - 'techie to techie'. Our team is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and well-versed in all aspects of the R&D tax credit programme and has experience in delivering successful claims for all types of companies - from start-ups to complex groups with revenues measured in the hundreds of millions of pounds.
In this role you will be giving full autonomy to build exceptional working relationships with clients initially and throughout the contract term, deliver exceptional customer service, and retain their client base within certain business parameters. You will use your sector specific experience, knowledge of R&D tax relief and inquisitive nature to work with the client to gather business and project information and assure them that you are their trusted adviser and they are in good hands! In addition to getting into the thick of our clients innovative activities, you will also have a strong working knowledge of the legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to R&D activity to be in a position to critically assess clients projects and produce technical and financial documentation to accurately and concisely support the R&D tax relief claim.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a degree educated individual in the Software/IT field with 3 years’ experience of providing R&D tax relief services or industry equivalent. You will be able to demonstrate experience of successful report writing with a proven record of comfortably liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs, and CTOs of such companies.
You will have a strong Excel numerical analysis and ability to interpret company Accounts. In addition to this, you will use your interpersonal skills to manage our customers’ expectations, be able to handle objections and have the ability to diplomatically say no in terms of eligibility.
You will be expected to retain your client base within certain targets and so it’s important that you hold solid contract negotiation skills and be commercially astute to identify suitability for other products and services.
Your new role
We are looking for an talented individual with a strong background in Engineering to join our experienced team of Technical Consultants.
In this role you will be given full autonomy to build strong working relationships with clients initially and throughout the contract term, deliver exceptional customer service, and retain your client base within certain business parameters. You will use your sector specific experience, knowledge of R&D tax relief and inquisitive nature to work with the client to gather business and project information and assure them that you are their trusted adviser and they are in good hands! In addition to getting into the thick of our clients innovative activities, you will also have a strong working knowledge of the legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to R&D activity to be in a position to critically assess clients projects and produce technical and financial documentation to accurately and concisely support the R&D tax relief claim.
Full training will be provided on joining the company and initially you will be working closely with our engineering team.
Essential Experience Required
- Educated to degree level (Engineering)
- 3 years’ Engineering industry experience for expected client base
- Proven experience of report writing, namely structuring arguments and narrative creation
- Experience of providing R&D Tax Relief Services is preferred but not essential
- Confident communicator with experience of being client facing
- Strong attention to detail
- Adept at using Microsoft Office package
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with clients to gather business and project information (this can be either remotely or face to face).
- Develop a strong understanding of government guidelines / legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to R&D activity, and critically assess client projects.
- Produce technical and financial documentation to accurately and concisely support the R&D Tax Relief claim, ensuring claims are concluded in a timely manner.
- Review and interpret the organisation's financial accounts, with support from our Finance department.
- Engage with HMRC and prepare additional financial and technical documentation as required, if an Enquiry is raised on a claim submitted.
- Maintain regular and effective communications with client personnel during the claim process, and ensure clients are communicated with outside the claim period for improved working relations.
- Completion of internal system on client activity.
- Participation in the on-boarding process, i.e., screening of prospects, utilising knowledge and experience to inform likelihood of a claim.
- Provision of technical support to the sales process when allocated.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary (negotiable DOE)
- 5% base salary sign on bonus (T&C apply)
- Attractive commission structure (for a FTE consultant with a full client portfolio, 5-10% of salary)
- Additional company bonus scheme
- Hybrid working opportunity with 1-2 days in the office depending on client meetings
- 33 days holiday incrementally rising to 36 after 4 years' service (including statutory and bank holidays)
- Life Assurance, Income Protection and Company Sick Pay
- Option to join the enhanced company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme and wellbeing support
- Bike to work
- Employee referral scheme
- MacBook Air and iPhone
- Fantastic in-house training through our Academy and excellent development opportunities
- The opportunity to join a multi talented team with specialisms spanning various industries
- Company events
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Attractive offices in the city centre (though this role will by hybrid working, spending the majority of time at home)
Every year millions of pounds in tax relief go unclaimed by UK businesses who aren't taking advantage of the innovation funding incentives they are entitled to. The generous incentive allow companies to re-invest in research will be a crucial factor in maintaining the UK's position in the challenging times ahead. The support is out there, but companies need to be aware for what they are entitled to and how to access these important and well-deserved benefits.
Our Innovation Funding Consultants (IFCs) engage with professional advisers and company directors throughout the UK to tell them about the advantages to be gained from R&D tax relief. They are in pole position to assist them secure the funds they are due.
Would you describe yourself as resilient with a flair for competitiveness and a strong desire to succeed? Do you have a strong background in B2B sales?
Fancy working for one of the world's leaders in R&D Tax relief?
We have the perfect role for you in our Inside Sales team! Working in a fast paced, target driven environment, our Inside Sales Team are the front line of our sales operation and are responsible for generating leads and opportunities to acquire new clients.
About the Role
You will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to generate leads through research, cold calling, LinkedIn campaigns and professional networks. We work within a diverse range of industries so you will always have an opportunity to learn something new. Your main focus will be establishing a need within our target client base, highlight USP’s and making appointments for the Direct Sales Team.
We have a strong focus on training and personal development, so you can be sure that you will have an opportunity to grow and get off to a great start with our excellent onboarding process. This is a role where the opportunity to learn never ends due to the nature of the R&D tax scheme. You can be sure that you will be joining a friendly and supportive team that values work life balance and employee wellness.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience in B2B Sales/Inside Sales/Tele Sales/Cold Calling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively generate leads from cold calling and personal networks via LinkedIn etc
- Follow up on Marketing qualified leads via website traffic
- Respond to inbound telephone and email enquiries where required
- Proactively instigate online opportunities via our Live Chat portal where required
- Follow ABGI Sales process and call quality structure
- Ensure that KPI’s are met
- Follow best practise guidelines/process notes for each stage of the sales process
- Arrange appointments with target client base
- Access ABGI Academy, Sharefile, etc. for relevant sales documentation e.g. case studies, testimonials and sector specific eligibility guides
- Build and maintain an accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline using our CRM system; populate it with contacts, leads, opportunities and account management information
- Provide sales support for Direct Sales Team where required
- Ensure all relevant information gathered is shared with the Direct Sales Team via our CRM
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrate the company values (Supportive, Positive, Integrity, Challenging, Excellence)
We are looking for someone who is a consummate relationship builder, who has:
- Effective influencing skills
- Excellent sales and negotiating skills
- Ability to identify client needs and provide suitable business solutions
- IT literate with Mac/PC operating systems and standard MS Office suite of applications
- Good verbal and written presentation skills
- Commercially astute
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic to achieve results with a real 'can do' attitude
- Team player who shares best practice and builds relationships across the company
- Resilient, patient and calm in approach
- Maintains a positive outlook
- Takes personal responsibility for self-development.
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
- 33 days holiday, increasing to 36 days after 4 years service.
- 4 x Life Assurance, Income Protection and Company Sick Pay
- Pension with opportunity to enter an enhanced company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and Wellbeing Support
- Bike to work
- MacBook Air
- Fantastic in-house training through our Academy
- Friendly social team and business with plenty room for fun
- Attractive offices in the city centre
What is it like to work at ABGI UK?
People working at ABGI UK share a set of values, emphasising how we do things in the business. We believe that values are essential to our success as a business and we put the values at the centre of everything that we do. You will find this refreshing!
“For me, the company lives and breathes a positivity that I have never experienced in any other work setting… and this comes through in everything – from the way we communicate to our clients right through to the way the weekly meetings are conducted. Ultimately, this makes coming into work an enjoyable experience! We all have down or off periods, but overall, ABGI is a great place to be in my opinion”
“As a TA, I think the aspects of the job that I like most are the variety of companies that we visit and also the enthusiasm that is expressed by some of the clients when you engage them about their work. Coming from a scientific, and mainly academic background, it’s great to go into a business and to be able to apply your knowledge in a different way! It's also really good to know that for the smaller clients, the work that we are doing will really be of significant benefit to the individuals we are meeting. So it’s really nice when they engage - because you really do feel that you are helping them find the best way through an obstacle course.”
“To be given responsibilities early on in the job was a real plus point for me, as it takes you out of your comfort zone and ultimately means you are always challenging yourself, which at my stage of my career is something I get very excited about!”
“Dynamic, varied, exciting, self-directing, fun!”
“I feel like I have developed a lot since the day I walked in the door. One of the things that attracted me to this job was variety and I've had great exposure to new things. I've have already met with managing directors of all types of companies, getting to understand the work they do.
My job is to talk to them about their projects, see the types of R&D; they are doing, learn about their failures and successes and explain to them how their work can qualify for government support. After the meeting I produce a report of our conversation, and then it's on to the next client.”